Proven Washington, D.C. Civil Rights Attorneys Aggressively Protect Your Rights in Civil and Criminal Matters
Experienced D.C. lawyers handling federal sector employment, criminal defense, wrongful death and personal injury/car/truck collisions, estate planning, domestic relations, corporate, intellectual property and real estate matters
When an urgent legal issue arises, you should seek experienced counsel to protect your rights and increase your chances of a favorable result. At Baker Simmons, Attorneys at Law, we represent clients in federal sector employment, criminal defense and personal injury cases, divorce/child custody, real estate, as well as other legal matters, and are committed to resolving your issue efficiently and successfully. With over 60 years of combined legal experience handling cases in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area, we know how to create winning strategies for a wide variety of legal issues and ably represent clients throughout D.C., Virginia and Maryland. Whether you were accused of multiple felonies, charged with a DWI or injured in a car wreck, we will assess your case and carefully explain your legal options.
If you are a church or non-profit organization, we will zealously represent your interests within the bound of the law, as well. Our experience representing churches, fraternities and sororities is extensive. We have represented such non-profit organizations as well as their members in a variety of contexts in mediation, and before state and federal courts. Whether the issue is one of Due Process, autonomy, or bylaw or constitutional interpretation, we will competently handle your matter.
Dedicated advocates deliver reliable and effective legal representation
Capable legal representation might make the difference between a positive and negative outcome in your legal matter. We understand the stakes in each case and have earned a strong reputation in the area because of our:
- Aggressive advocacy — To increase the likelihood of securing a favorable result, we take prompt and assertive action to protect your interests from the very beginning of your case.
- Track record of successful decisions — Having continuously represented parties in civil and criminal cases since 1992, we have developed reasoned, tested strategies for taking effective depositions and receiving impressive outcomes at mediation or trial for many clients.
- Personalized representation — We understand the stress of legal issues and will work closely with our clients to keep them updated and involved throughout their case.
We have the knowledge to tackle a wide variety of legal issues and will take the time to thoroughly assess your matter to determine the best possible solution.
Knowledgeable litigators assist clients in D.C., Maryland and Virginia
For clients involved in cases throughout Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland, we provide effective legal representation in the following areas:
- Federal Sector employment claims before the EEOC, MSPB, DOHA and Office of Special Counsel — We represent federal workers in a variety of employment claims, including cases involving alleged acts of discrimination and retaliation for EEO or whistleblower activities, wrongful removal, reprimand or suspension, denial of promotion, and denial of or failure to renew security clearances. We will fight to protect the civil rights of federal workers in the face of unjust or inequitable treatment.
- Criminal defense — Our firm represents clients in a wide-range of misdemeanor and felony criminal defense matters, including cases involving allegations of distribution of narcotics, sex crimes, drug crimes, gun and weapons crimes, DUI/DWI and assault and battery. No matter what you’ve been charged with, we will challenge the prosecution, demand Due Process and your rights under Brady and its progeny, and strongly defend your freedom.
- Personal injury/Wrongful Death — We seek just compensation for truck or vehicular collision victims and strongly pursue many types of personal injury or wrongful death claims, including those stemming from auto accidents, motorcycle accidents.
- Estate planning — Falling ill or dying without a plan to settle your affairs can lead to undesirable legal consequences for the loved ones you leave behind. We help clients maintain control of their estate by providing effective and solid estate planning services.
- Real Estate - Whether the matter involves the sale or purchase of improved or undeveloped property, we can assist you from start to finish. We handle claims involving the D.C. Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act (“TOPA”) and other federal and state laws.
- Professional Licensure - Because of our breadth of experience, we have successfully represented attorneys in legal malpractice defense actions as well as medical professionals before administrative and regulatory bodies including the Board of Medicine, Board of Dentistry, and and hospital credentialing/privileges entities.
- Domestic Relations - We will ensure that your marital estate is equitably distributed and that your child visitation or custody rights are protected.
Resolving your legal matter favorably is our top priority, and we will use innovative and uniquely tailored strategies and defenses to support your case.
Contact accomplished Washington, D.C. attorneys to schedule a free consultation
At Baker Simmons, Attorneys at Law, we represent clients in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia in criminal defense, personal injury and other legal matters. Call 202-773-4342 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Washington, D.C. office.